Code of Ethics
The following Code of Ethics is intended for MCM staff, Governing Body members, students, volunteers as regards their relationships with one another and those using MCM services/programs.
- I will respect all the people in the above categories as well as all members of the MCM community; I will protect their dignity and reputation.
- I will not discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, age, sex, ethnic origin or sexual orientation and I will endeavor to prevent and eliminate all forms of discrimination.
- I will respect the Code of Ethics and all MCM policies, procedures and guidelines.
- I will follow through on my commitments to MCM and fulfill my duties to the best of my ability.
- I will notify the appropriate person(s) as soon as I notice that I cannot fulfill my duties.
- I will show solidarity with MCM and represent the organization in a professional manner.
- I will not divulge information of a confidential nature to which I have access in the course of my duties.
- I will discuss with MCM permanent staff any research or term paper or public presentation I plan to do that makes reference to MCM.
- In case of conflict with the Code of Ethics or MCM rules and regulations, I will resolve the conflict before continuing my involvement with MCM.
With respect to Project Refuge residences
- I will respect the residents' private life.
- I will respond politely and attentively to the residents' needs which they cannot satisfy themselves, within the limits of my training and role.
- I will not have an intimate relationship with Project Refuge residents, their relatives or family members while I am associated with MCM, or any other person using MCM services.
- I will not accept any gift or money without prior authorization of MCM permanent staff.
- I will ask written authorization from MCM permanent staff before giving away information on residents for research or other purposes outside of MCM, even if the person's or his relative's identity is protected.