A joint project of Montreal City Mission and St. James United Church
Come and Sing!
Learn musical skills, meet new friends and have lots of fun!!!
The Every Kid Choir is looking for new members.
- Winter 2012: from January 22 until June 10
- Fall 2012: from September 9 until December 16
- Winter 2013: from January 27 until June 9
Even if it is better to join the choir at the beginning of a Semester, we accept singers at all time.
Our musical program
Since 2011, our musical director is Ingried Boussaroque, singer and musician very active on the Montreal scene. In addition to discovering songs from many cultures and in various languages, we learn to read notes and some rhythmic notions. We also welcome on occasion guest artists for special workshops. Rehearsals are in English and in French, as needed.
Our choir is open to all children between 6 and 13 years old. Parents are asked to contribute per child 35$ for the Fall Semester and 40$ for the Winter Semester. Families with more than one child will have a discount.
The Every Kid Choir seeks to empower disadvantaged children through music
- Create a space where children from many cultures can be themselves and feel a sense of belonging and cultural ownership.
- Bring musical education to children who would not otherwise have access to it
- Develop understanding of French and English.
- Open doors to Montreal’s diverse music scene.
Main Informations for Parents:
St. James United Church is located at 1440 St-Alexander, at the corner of St. Catherine street (metro Place-des-arts).
To register your child or book the choir for an event please contact us at
or 514-844-9128 ext. 203.
The Every Kid Choir is a joint project of Montreal City Mission and St. James United Church.